Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm back!

     Hello again- I'm back!  Life's pretty crazy isn't it?? You blink an eye and it's almost Thanksgiving again.  It's been awhile since I've blurted my thoughts out there in the universe...I am actually a little distracted by the breaking news of Kim Kardashian's 72 day marriage blaring in the background ... Gosh - I hope everything works out for her...
     Anyway, I get that this whole social network thing gets the message out, sometimes the message is vague, sometimes it's cryptic, sometimes it's vindictive, and sometimes it just gets a message across that changes things for the better.  I'm sure that you all have been seeing our little messages from some of our furry children about the Black and White Ball (with a touch of faux fur).  I wanted to have our kids giving you the information about the Ball because after all... how can you get mad at Charlie, Freedog or Bob? 
     The thing I've learned from all my years of fundraising for local charities...wait a second....Kim's mom is being interviewed, I've got to hear what Kris Jenner says about this... :)  Just the fact that I know who they are and their names is a bit perplexing and disturbing.
     So this is the deal about the Black and White Ball. Four years ago, there was a party celebrating Ground Zero Salon's 20th anniversary.  We had five salons at the time all over Philadelphia and our clients came from everywhere.  After being involved with the City of Hope and becoming more involved in community issues, Ground Zero Salons wanted to start our own foundation helping local charities and being a bigger part of the communities that we were in.  Having a lot of people in your radius makes it quite easy to network, and with the help of Sweat Gym and Around Philly we were able to pull off quite a party!
     It all started when one of my clients who worked at Jefferson Hospital was in my chair at the time I was telling Meg the receptionist about the foundation.  She told me Jefferson was opening a new breast care center and needed to raise a lot of money.  So we decided to make the anniversary party, the Black and White Ball with a touch of pink benefiting Jefferson Hospital Breast Center, and for those of you who attended...it was pretty sweet huh?
     We had so many restaurants, businesses, volunteers, and monetary donations all pulling together to have some fun and most importantly, raise some cash for a good cause.  And, next year we are doing it all over again, this time for University of Pennsylvania Shelter Animal Medicine Program.  That's all I am going to say right now, partly because I am exhausted and partly because Kendra and Hank Baskett are now on TV and I missed them last night...
More to come...
W

No comments:

Post a Comment