Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blah, blah, "blog"

Blog-(Web Log)- A shared online journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and lifestyle.

  It is kind of funny that I am writing a "blog" and yet I never knew what the word "blog" actually stood for until a few weeks ago while hanging out with my niece and nephew who are really up to speed on all the latest and greatest that the technical world has to offer, and boy did I ask the wrong question... I looked at my nephew with the most endearing face and said... "what does the word "blog" mean anyway?
My nephew jolted his head in my direction and quickly said with a surprised look on his face "It stands for "web log" Aunt Wendy... DUHHHHH!!!"
I did not know ... am I the only one????
  Speaking of things that I didn't know, I didn't know that there were also certain protocols for writing a "blog".
And a "blog" isn't a tweet is it?????????   Ughhhh!
  I started this "blog" to start getting out all of my thoughts and to calm my sometimes frantic mind, I just wanted to write and vent. I don't even read other blogs because I rarely have the time with being so busy in the salon (which is a good thing.) And I really have a hard time concentrating. By the time I get home and tend to my life outside the business I am literally just not in the mood .  If I was in the mood, I don't have anything to read one on anyway.My computer is always at the salon and my antiquated blackberry is not a great tool for reading anything online, so I don't get much of a chance to read the countless other blogs that are circulating in cyberspace... I GUESS IT'S TIME FOR A NEW PHONE!
  In a world that is now so over saturated with blogs how would anyone find me and my blog or even have the time or interest to read it... and so my journey begins.
  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a journalist.  Writing class in high school was the only class I actually liked and paid attention to.  Writing always came naturally to me and although my mother was always there to correct my grammar (It did piss me off at the time!) I now see that she was just lending a "motherly" hand in shaping what she saw was a real passion of mine.  Throughout the years, I have had many writing projects start and stop for a variety of reasons.  I have always liked to write poems, however I stopped when I thought it wasn't "cool" enough.  Then I tried to pass some off as songs because I thought that was way cooler!  I started to write a book and sort of kept a journal, but then I would lose interest due to a little thing I have called ADHD, which makes short writing projects like a blog easy for me to concentrate on and complete.  But any long term project is a daunting task. 
 So here I sit writing this weeks grouping of words to announce to anyone who may be reading this that I just like to write.  I am keeping my blog on Ground Zero Center City's Facebook fan page and I will randomly come up with topics that may or may not interest you.  With my six degrees of separation to the beauty business and over 30 years invested in it, I am more than qualified to write about the industry.  I figured that in my 50 years of being on this planet and having entered the always-entertaining field of hairdressing... I have a couple of interesting stories laying around to tell.  Hopefully you will find them interesting and if not I guess for you it will be  another Blah, Blah, Blog....
W

No comments:

Post a Comment